Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40 and RBS50Y issues

mlock
Guide

Re: CBR40 and RBS50Y issues

Thought I would update and call this thread done. Good news is that my setup has been running smooth for 2 days now. CBR40 modem/router, 1 RBS20 (that came with it) and 1 RBS50Y outdoor satellite. Only real changes on my end were 1- firmware update to the CBR that Help folks had me do last week and 2- moved my RBS20 to back part of house (because I read somewhere that too close to router can be a problem too). House isn't that big so don't know if that had any effect or not.

Seems to be working now - so going to move on to other challenges in life.

Message 26 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR40 and RBS50Y issues

Glad that it's all working now. Hopefully NG will release the FW update soon. 

Yes having satellites too close to the base router can cause problems. 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials. Mines 40 feet. Great coverage and operation. 

Enjoy now. Smiley Wink

@mlock wrote:

Thought I would update and call this thread done. Good news is that my setup has been running smooth for 2 days now. CBR40 modem/router, 1 RBS20 (that came with it) and 1 RBS50Y outdoor satellite. Only real changes on my end were 1- firmware update to the CBR that Help folks had me do last week and 2- moved my RBS20 to back part of house (because I read somewhere that too close to router can be a problem too). House isn't that big so don't know if that had any effect or not.

Seems to be working now - so going to move on to other challenges in life.

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7