Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CBR40 orbi login page

jjh636
Tutor

CBR40 orbi login page

Hello, 

I am having problems with the Orbi page.  I can login fine and everything seems okay, however when i click on the Cable connections or wireless tab, it times out with the error "connection was reset" or "192.168.1.1 did not send any data".  Any reason why this is happening?  My firmware is up to date.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge, IE11, FireFox or Opera.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW udpate?

What ISP service are you using? 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@jjh636 wrote:

Hello, 

I am having problems with the Orbi page.  I can login fine and everything seems okay, however when i click on the Cable connections or wireless tab, it times out with the error "connection was reset" or "192.168.1.1 did not send any data".  Any reason why this is happening?  My firmware is up to date.

Message 3 of 5
jjh636
Tutor

No, I am sitll unable to get into cable connections or wireless tab once i login even though it initially says connection status: good.  I have tried it in edge, chrome, firefox.  Wired/wireless.  I dont know when it started, the last time I was able to see that page was maybe ~ 1 month ago?  I just started checking because I am getting severe signal loss on my satellite, but that is another probelm i will ask whenever I ahve the time.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

I recommend trying this, downgrade both CBR and RBS to

CBR40 Firmware Version 2.1.3.14
RBS20 Firmware Version 2.1.3.4

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/CBK40.aspx#download

I would use MS Edge or FIreFox browser to downgrade the RBS first then CBR lastly. 

After FW is applied and the RBS and CBR are online. Power both OFF for 1 minute or more, then back ON. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7