Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40 random loss of connectivity

billmoise
Follower

CBR40 random loss of connectivity

ORBI CBR40 running the latest firmware on COX 150M/10M.

My issue to say the least is weird. I went back to my old Zoom modem because I'm experiencing loss of connectivity to my work environment. 

!'m connected via Palo Alto Global Protect VPN to work and then all of a sudden Microsoft Outlook, Skype, & Teams, Cisco IP phone, and Remote desktop applications all disconnect.

I check Global Protect and it says its connected. I text my co-workers and ask if there's an issue and they say they're fine. I do a speed test and get speeds anywhere between 20M-40M down and 0M-2M up. I'm thinking its a COX issue! They've sent technicians out, replace the cable lines, I'm still having the issue. That is till I went back to my old Zoom modem. So far NO issues to where I stay connected to the VPN and application disconnects.

When I'm experiencing the application disconnect while on the CBR40 its a bouncing situation. The apps would connect for a minute or so then disconnect. I've had COX reset the CBR40 from their side. I've tried factory reset, disconnect all other devices on the CBR40 and yet still the issue persists. 

I purchased the CBR40 on Apr 30, 2020 and received it May 7th, 2020 and installed it the same day and since that day I've experience this issue of my work applications disconnecting, the VPN staying up, all other devices are able to web-surf, COX internet speeds of 20M-40M down and 0M-2M up while having the issues.

I'm not sure if any has these issue or even something close to it.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
DrMcElrath
Aspirant

Re: CBR40 random loss of connectivity

I am experiencing the same issue. Just installed the system this week, June 24, 2020. Does anyone have an answer for fixing this issue?
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR40 random loss of connectivity

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 
Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release.

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7