Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750 Address Reservation and Port Forwarding not working

BKWayne
Aspirant

CBR750 Address Reservation and Port Forwarding not working

Model: CBR750

FW: V4.6.14.4

Just got this router today. When I go to set static IPs via Address Reservation I'm hit with "400 Bad Request" and this is occurring with several devices.

When I go to setup port forwarding on those devices, I receive no error, but the list of services remains blank and it appears nothing has gone through.

Have ran a firmware update and reboot. No avail.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR750 Address Reservation and Port Forwarding not working

What browser are you using? Does it happen with a different browser? 

Try a full factory reset and setup from scratch using a web browser and wired PC. 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering the CBRs web page at 192.168.1.1

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Does it happen with a different browser? 

Try a full factory reset and setup from scratch using a web browser and wired PC. 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering the CBRs web page at 192.168.1.1

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@BKWayne wrote:

When I go to setup port forwarding on those devices, I receive no error, but the list of services remains blank and it appears nothing has gone through.

Are you using the 'pull down' menu to select the service (port) or creating a 'custom' rule?

Port forwarding is somewhat unique in that there is no "Apply" button at the top of the screen and the router WiFi does not go through a restart as it does with so many other changes. (annoying the heck out of my Alarm system.  "Lost WiFi"  "WiFi Found", both texts and emails.)

Message 3 of 5
BKWayne
Aspirant

Using Firefox. Switching to Chrome solved it!

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7