Guide

Re: CBR750 Fails after firmware update

Cox Communications as well
Message 26 of 110
Wndrbread
Guide

Update 2 to my case

Called NETGEAR support. After some questions, representative determined that it was not a warranty issue but could be fixed.

Paid for six months of warranty in order to get it fixed (the math made sense rather than buying a new unit).
Representative had me do a reset on the unit, attempted to connect to the ISP, and we finally decided to call Cox Communications on three way.

Just my luck…my neighborhood was experiencing an outage by the time we got a hold of them. Between Netgear and Cox, they both assumed it would be resolved by the outage. The outage has been resolved since 430 this morning. My issue not so much.

Day 2 of no internet. At the moment doing the hotspot thing via my phone. I am physical security advisor for Embassies overseas (we work from home).
Message 27 of 110
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

can you guys please put the ISP, Location and CM MAC as well. 

please Post screenshot of CM EVent logs here asap.

I am trying to reach out to Cox engg folks for help.

thanks!

Message 28 of 110
Wndrbread
Guide

I’ll work on this now

ISP - Cox Communications Hampton Roads
ISP Phone Number for a tech 7572241111

CM MAC: 08xxxxxxxxx
SERNO: 67A2xxxxxxxxx

As far as log…do you mind walking me through exactly what you are looking for. The only log I find is from today (June 3 2021 - assuming the date hasn’t changed since the reset)

Message 29 of 110
LASwxman
Star

ISP - Cox Communications Las Vegas

CM MAC: 38xxxxxxxxxx
SERNO: 67A2xxxxxxxxx

email me - I will give you support ticket number for Netgear as well.

A word of caution however, this modem/router is no longer provisioned by Cox. They gave me a loaner so that I have connectivity while working with Netgear. I have to work from home and don't have the ability to wait days to resolve this issue. Might just be easier to send me a new router. Smiley Wink 

I can work on the logs, but it will take me a bit. Will post here when done. 

Message 30 of 110
Tobinator
Star

To get the Event Log, please follow this instruction:

1. Login to the web interface of your CBR750 (192.168.1.1).

2. Then click ADVANCED > Administration > Event Log.

You can then take screenshot of the logs and provide it here.

Message 31 of 110
Tobinator
Star

You can also send the network log;

1. Login to the web interface of your CBR750 (192.168.1.1).

2. Click ADVANCED > Administration > Logs.

You can send screenshot of this log as well.

Message 32 of 110
LASwxman
Star

Here is mine. It goes on for longer but essentially repeats the same messages. 

Would you care to enlighten us on how things are progressing and what exacly is being done? No one from Tech Support is talking to us or calling us back. 

Thanks

Todd

Screenshot 2021-08-24 155156.png

Message 33 of 110
Prince727
Star

I am having the same problem after this recent firmware update. My CBR750 will not connect to the COX network. I am seeing only one bonding channel. I have tried to roll back to the previous firmware with no luck with both a manual installation through the windows gui logged in as admin, and through TFTP when resetting the device to factory default. Any suggestions?
Message 34 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

Please send @vkdelta the following information in a PM:

ISP, Location and CM MAC as well. 

Please Post screenshot of CM EVent logs here asap."

Thank you. 

@Prince727 wrote:
I am having the same problem after this recent firmware update. My CBR750 will not connect to the COX network. I am seeing only one bonding channel. I have tried to roll back to the previous firmware with no luck with both a manual installation through the windows gui logged in as admin, and through TFTP when resetting the device to factory default. Any suggestions?

Message 35 of 110
Brandon3R
Initiate

Same issue here. As soon as firmware updates occurred, service ended. ISP is Cox and they tested all connections. I spent nearly 4 hours on the phone today between Cox and Netgear but no solution.

This is completely unacceptable to have paid for a premium product and to be left hanging without a resolution. Cox says the issue is 100% with the router and likely firmware issue.

Netgear, please step up and make this right.
Message 36 of 110
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

We appreciate all your cooperation and patience while we investigate the issue. Please do not post the device serial number and MAC address. You may send a direct message to @vkdelta with this information or message me and I'll forward it to them. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 37 of 110
Prince727
Star

My log file looks just like yours. The same entries. Netgear released a bad firmware making devices unusable. They better stand by their product for the high cost of it even out of warranty. They is ridiculous.
Message 38 of 110
dmhavasu
Guide

Same issue here! My cbr750 working fine up until I went to bed last night. Woke up this morning to no internet. Spent all day working with Cox, who swears its not on their end after all the tests we ran. Called NG about 90 minutes ago and the lady told me it was a "known issue" with these units and they are working on it and someone would call me in 30 minutes. I called back 60 minutes later and a different lady looked up my case and said due to technical difficulties she couldn't help me and someone would call me in an hour...what the heck.is going on!? Why am I paying premium prices for these units not to mention premium prices for gearhead support when no one does anything !?
Message 39 of 110
Prince727
Star

Netgear even makes it impossible to roll back to the previous firmware that worked with out any issues. This is plain ignorant.
Message 40 of 110
JJBabel
Guide

Just to keep everyone updated here, I was contacted by NG about an hour ago asking for a bunch of screen shots and logs and a config file… I sent it to my case number and also sent it to vkdelta.

Unfortunately, the call ended with just “we are working with Cox engineers and when I have an update I will contact you”… so I wait
Message 41 of 110
dmhavasu
Guide

They clearly have no idea what the issue is....the tech that called me wants to just send a new replacement system....
Message 42 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. NG seems to be aware of whats happening and working on it. Please be patient.

Message 43 of 110
dmhavasu
Guide

Yeah, I'm trying. Always the worst time right? My wife and I leave town Thursday, my 70 year old mother in law is coming to watch my little kids.....no internet means no TV, tablets, computer homework etc....🤣 when it rains it pours...and NG wants to charge me for next day shipping to replace their defective product...
Message 44 of 110
LASwxman
Star

So is NG sending you a new unit?

I'm confused. Are we all waiting for NG to find a solution? Or is their solution to send new units?

NG could give us more info here.
Message 45 of 110
dmhavasu
Guide

They are going to send me a new unit, but couldn't guarantee when it would get here....and sorry to say my 70 year old mother in law can't handle setting it up.....so they want me to call them back when I get back in town, to then initiate the warranty claim for the new unit.....in the mean time, I will be renting a unit from Cox starting tomorrow so my kids can have internet. All around a crappy situation, and I agree NG is providing ZERO information or accountability......that said, I needed a solution and fast, so that's what I'm doing
Message 46 of 110
JJBabel
Guide

For me, I have tried asking for a warrantied out unit multiple times and it seems that they want to continue to trouble shoot with me. So I honestly don’t care which happens I just want this very expensive piece of equipment to work. I have only had it since February. I don’t know what else to do at this point but wait… but it is frustrating
Message 47 of 110
dmhavasu
Guide

I get it! I got mine late March and it worked great until today....but that was my point to the last tech, it's a $6-700 dollar machine, it needs to work or I need a refund or new unit asap....I understand your frustration
Message 48 of 110
CJStephens
Guide

I do not understand the immediate reluctance to send us a new version update that essentially rolls back the parameters of the new version to match what worked in Version 3. They could do this until the have time to rewrite the Version 4 firmware and we would all be happy. Cox's own website says it only supports firmware versions up to the last Version 3 update.

NG, roll us back!! I have to have this resolved by Thursday morning for my work! Otherwise, I will be forced to purchase another company modem and router, and I will not come back to NG. We all work from home now. Three days is too long. Do not make me use your competition based on lack of urgency from your techs.
Message 49 of 110
Prince727
Star

Completely agree they could and should roll back the firmware since the make it impossible to TFTP an older version into the unit or use the admin GUI to do it. When using the admin GUI they don’t give you a “yes” button to initiate the upload to the device.

Also were did you see on the COX website that they only support up through version 3 firmware? Can you provide a link and screen shot please.
Message 50 of 110
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7