Prince727
Star

Re: CBR750 Fails after firmware update

How did you roll back your firmware? I tried multiple ways with not success
Message 76 of 110
acint213
Tutor

ORBI is back online in San Diego. Latest firmware V4.6.3.6_2.0.48 is running with no hiccups. Now to get COX to refund my $75 service call charge.

Message 77 of 110
Prince727
Star

I hope you get a refund.  The Cox Tech that tested my line and confirmed it was an Orbi CBR750 issue had my service charge waived so it was no cost.  Now if things are truly fixed, later today when I can, I will have my Orbi provisioned again to test it out, but I am still hesitant.  

Message 78 of 110
Prince727
Star

Delta, please be more specific on what config file Cox needs to update in their different areas of service.  

Message 79 of 110
Prince727
Star

All, 

I just went the the NG web page or firmware downloads and documentation.  Firmware version 4 has been removed.  https://www.netgear.com/support/product/CBR750.aspx#download

Message 80 of 110
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@Prince727 

FW was  removed from support website for abudance of caution since the root cause was not clear.

Now that problem has been rectified by ISP,  we will work through to get new FW back (we will let things stabilize to make sure there are no new cases).

change was in CM boot file where ISP was doing changes for network and the CM Boot file for this model was errorneously coded. 

Message 81 of 110
Bobkc
Star

I first reported this problem in that after the firmware update, upload speed did not change and download went from 900 to 600.  The proposed fix did not work with me as the status remains unchanged.  If you would like additional information, please IM me and I will provide.  Not sure if this is the same issue that was part of this string of communications as our provider is Xfinity not Cox.  Is there a fix coming tomorrow as I read in one note???

Message 82 of 110
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

this issue has nothing to do with Xfinity as this was specific to Cox network changes. 

Please create separate topic to avoid mixing of multiple issues. 

Message 83 of 110
Bobkc
Star

Thanks Vkdelta and when the email came through reporting an update, it had a similar subject to an issue that I reported 8 days ago.  Was hoping the issue was resolved.  New to the community and still learning protocol.

Message 84 of 110
Prince727
Star

VkDelta,  Well up and running now in the Fairfax County, VA area on Cox. Just had the CBR750 reprovisioned and all is working.  With the start of school this week, I was getting hammered by my wife and daughter to get the internet working.  Especially with all the school stuff online these days, no one uses real books anymore.

Regards,  Rick

Message 85 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@Prince727 wrote:

VkDelta,  Well up and running now in the Fairfax County, VA area on Cox. Just had the CBR750 reprovisioned and all is working.  With the start of school this week, I was getting hammered by my wife and daughter to get the internet working.  Especially with all the school stuff online these days, no one uses real books anymore.

Regards,  Rick

Message 86 of 110
Freemaak
Guide

Thank you to everyone who commented bringing attention to this issue! I can proudly say my CBR750 is operational once again. A special thanks to the NETGEAR employees who never gave up hope even when a few of us had thrown in the towl. 

Message 87 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Be sure to mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy.

@Freemaak wrote:

Thank you to everyone who commented bringing attention to this issue! I can proudly say my CBR750 is operational once again. A special thanks to the NETGEAR employees who never gave up hope even when a few of us had thrown in the towl. 

Message 88 of 110
Dellman87
Star

I have a CBR750 with firmware Version 4.6.3.6.

Orbi Android App V 2.11.5.1716

After updating to the latest level of firmware last week, I've had consistant drops in service. My ISP (TDS) says there is nothing wrong on their end, yet my Orbi cable modem keeps losing signal. I'm in the same boat as you guys. I've read a lot of this thread and will try the ways you all did before I escalate to NG. Thank you for all the replies. 

Message 89 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact NG support regarding your CBR750. 

@Dellman87 wrote:

I have a CBR750 with firmware Version 4.6.3.6.

Orbi Android App V 2.11.5.1716

After updating to the latest level of firmware last week, I've had consistant drops in service. My ISP (TDS) says there is nothing wrong on their end, yet my Orbi cable modem keeps losing signal. I'm in the same boat as you guys. I've read a lot of this thread and will try the ways you all did before I escalate to NG. Thank you for all the replies. 

Message 90 of 110
Bobkc
Star

Hi Dellaman87.  I started this string I believe close to a month ago and last 2 weeks spent time on several calls with NG trying to resolve.  I was highly disappointed in that they did not have a solution other than trying to convince me that the drop in download speed was what I should experience with WiFi.  When I told them that the drop happened after the firmware update, they wanted proof so I sent them a screen shot from the Orbi app.  That was not good enough as they tried to tell me that app was bad.  I told them Speedtest gave me the same pattern and of course they wanted proof of that which I could not provide, as to my knowledge, Speedtest does not accumulate history.  They tried to place the issue on Xfinity which when I test off of an Ethernet cable, I run the download speed that I am supposed to run at + 900 Mbs  not the 600 Mbs that is post firmware update.  Just to be sure, I talked to Xfinity and they confirmed that they were performing as advertised.  After shooting down all of their excuses, they came up with "let's throw parts at it" since they don't seem to want to own this issue.  They are now shipping me a new Orbi at their suggestion though before agreeing to the approach, they told me that this would not fix the problem.  I figured I have nothing to lose and the Orbi is to arrive tomorrow perhaps using this as proof that they have the issue in their firmware change.  Then, I have to go through the hassle of having to return one of the Orbis.  I understand that IT issues can happen and I am willing to work with anyone as long as they show interest in resolving matters.  NG has not displayed that desire yet and I am highly disappointed.  I have received better suggestions from the Community than from NG.

Message 91 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, the problems of speed testing and results are effected on the CBRs internal speed test app and Orbi app. NG is aware of this and is working on it. More direct connections with wired speed tests and test apps like Ooklas installable speed test app should see to spec speeds. "It DOES NOT impact actual speeds on phones/laptops, etc.  Only impacts internal Speedtest client." Fixes should be out in next FW update. Fixing problems can take longer than expected and more than just over night fix can't be done. So please be patient. 

Message 92 of 110
Bobkc
Star

Thanks Furrye38 and understand that updates can take time.  NG should update their database for top issues so that their support line can provide up to date information.  One thing that I would question is that prior to the firmware update, I had no issues with weak signal on the satellite.  Now I do consistently have the satellite displaying a blue or amber light periodically over the day.  Are they aware of this too and will it be addressed by the firmware update?  I have tried moving the satellite with no change as lights still display periodically.    

Message 93 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

Yep.

Has a power OFF of the CBR and RBS for 5 minutes been tried. Pull the power adapters then plug back in. 
Has a factory reset been performed yet? 

Message 94 of 110
Bobkc
Star

Yes, went through all those steps with the NG tech line.

Message 95 of 110
Dellman87
Star

From what I understand what I have read there's no way to actually roll back the firmware? Even if I do a factory reset it would be factory reset to the most updated version correct?

I only had one slight Interruption today on the Wi-Fi for about 20 minutes and then it came back on. I've been using my nest camera feature of History to see when the Netgear has gone off and on. Yesterday it was off from midnight to 3am.
Message 96 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

Please reach out to a forum moderator to see what options are available for you.

@Christian_R @Blanca_O 

@Dellman87 wrote:
From what I understand what I have read there's no way to actually roll back the firmware? Even if I do a factory reset it would be factory reset to the most updated version correct?

I only had one slight Interruption today on the Wi-Fi for about 20 minutes and then it came back on. I've been using my nest camera feature of History to see when the Netgear has gone off and on. Yesterday it was off from midnight to 3am.

Message 97 of 110
Daesania
Star

Has anyone who dealt with  the cox issues a couple weeks ago started having the problem again this morning? my orbi is doing the same thing as last time.

Message 98 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

@Freemaak @Daesania 

Any progress on this? 

Message 99 of 110
Brandon3R
Initiate

I was able to call Cox yesterday and have them re-register my Orbi. It has been working fine for the last 24 hours.
Message 100 of 110
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7