Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CBR750 Fails after firmware update

Bobkc
Star

To square things up since this string seemed to pick up Cox ISP and we are Xfinity, I was working with tech support as download speeds fell from 900 Mbs to 600 Mbs after a firmware update was pushed out in late August.  As of 2 days ago,  a new firmware update was pushed through.  Download speeds are back up to where they were in mid-August.  Everything appears to be working as designed.  

Message 101 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

@Bobkc @Brandon3R 

Excellent.

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 102 of 110
Dellman87
Star

Weird update status for my family room? Downgrade? Whats going on? Also, my wifi has been down everyday and TDS says its not them again. I tried reinstalling the latest firmware... lets see if that helps.

Message 103 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

be sure to power OFF the CBR and RBS for 1 minute or more then back ON. 

@Dellman87 wrote:

Weird update status for my family room? Downgrade? Whats going on? Also, my wifi has been down everyday and TDS says its not them again. I tried reinstalling the latest firmware... lets see if that helps.

Message 104 of 110
Dellman87
Star

I left it powerless for 3 to 5 minutes. After 10 min the WiFi went out again.... I'm about to dump this system and get another brand. 

Message 105 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd reach out to NG support and ask for additional help and information, ask about an RMA...

@Dellman87 wrote:

I left it powerless for 3 to 5 minutes. After 10 min the WiFi went out again.... I'm about to dump this system and get another brand. 

Message 106 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

New FW is out:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/New-CBR750-Firmware-Version-4-6-5-8-...

@Freemaak wrote:
I recently updared the firmware on my Orbi CBR750 to the latest v4.6.3.6_2.0.48 update. I can no longer establish internet connectivity. Prior to updating my connection was fine with no issues. My ISP says nothing is wrong and the Netgear tech support is no help considering I'm outside my 90 day purchase window.
The cable connection error is with the cable connection continuously failing to connect. I've used new cables and moved it to other cable ports in the house known to work in the past.
Please help.

Message 107 of 110
tman1973
Tutor

New Firmware is not helping either. What are the options? Netgear knows this is a problem with many users and why they are not proactive in fixing this. I believe they want people to pay for support. Terrible company values. Was anyone able to recover from this disastrous firmware update without getting help from gearhead? I think we should do a class action lawsuit.

Message 108 of 110
FURRYe38
Guru

Others have already reported most current FW is better than prior version. 

Message 109 of 110
rmarcare
Apprentice

Did you go with a different modem/router combo?
Message 110 of 110
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7