Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750, can we choose the device route vs satellite on attached divice setup channel?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

CBR750, can we choose the device route vs satellite on attached divice setup channel?

I have one cable model router at living room and one satellite router on second floor.

But most of my devices like TV, TV streaming device were choosen living room router which is far away from second floor devices.

Can I have an option to change the chosen router setting from first floor router to second satellite manuall? I have huge connection issue(slow loading) all the times, when my devices chose first floor router.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: CBR750, can we choose the device route vs satellite on attached divice setup channel?

No you can't choose which router/satellite a device connects to.

What you can do is optmize placement and power. 

Your satellite/satellites should be at least 30 ft from each other and the router. 

And sometimes you can actually have to good of coveage and if thats the case, you can turn your wireless broadcast power down.

Its the devices own roaming protocol to decide if it should connect to the router or the satellite. And they don't always make the best choice.

You can also try disconnecting your device from the network and reconnecting. Sometimes the router boots up/connects first and so devices just stay connected to the router. The disconnect/reconnect can sometimes trigger them to connect to the satellite. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR750, can we choose the device route vs satellite on attached divice setup channel?

Wow, I guess we'll not find out the resolution on this one...

Message 3 of 4

My Herbalife Account  wrote:

I have one cable model router at living room and one satellite router on second floor.

But most of my devices like TV, TV streaming device were choosen living room router which is far away from second floor devices.

Can I have an option to change the chosen router setting from first floor router to second satellite manuall? I have huge connection issue(slow loading) all the times, when my devices chose first floor router.

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7