Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750 not working with XFinity

BYBY
Follower

CBR750 not working with XFinity

I purchased an ORBI cable modem and router and setup with Xfinity failed.  Tried two different Xfinity support reps and both not able to activate the new device.  The package indicates the model number to be CBK752-100NAS but the model number on the bottom of the device is CBR750.  The Xfinity technician tried both. 

The QR code scanner did not work and when I manually entered the MAC address I received a message from XFinity I would need to contact support.  I contacted support and 4 hours later and after 2 different attempts no internet connectivty could be established. 

They were able to add the MAC address to my account, able to detect the device, able to reboot the device but when attempting to connect to internet, it failed, using multiple laptops and phones.  I tried both hard wired ethernet connection to the device as well as wifi connectivty. 

For wifi I tried both the default wifi id on the bottom of the device (showed up as Hidden network in my settings) as well as the existing wifi id name I used previously, which I entered following the Orbi Netgear setup prompts from the application I downloaded.  

Is this device certified for XFinity?  Do I need to return the device and try something else or should I request an XFinity technician to come to my home and assist?  Why is the model number different on the box versus the bottom of the device?  

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR750 not working with XFinity

You'll need to contact NG support about this. 

Message 2 of 3
Wg197756
Aspirant

Re: CBR750 not working with XFinity

Hi, I just literally set this exact system CBK752 with xfinity. I actually had the CBR40 before and installed the new one about 3 hours ago. Did it through the Comcast app and used my old logons so my devices in the house connected automatically. I am certain it is certified for xfinity and I saw it on their approved modems list. Did the box looked opened before you received? Can you return and get another as I was able to connect and be up and running in under 15 minutes today. Sorry and around to help if I can check anything on my system for you.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7