Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR750 - won't connect to Orbitel Communications

Handschy
Follower

CBR750 - won't connect to Orbitel Communications

I've had three technicians and one A/V guy try to connect the first Orbi.  We confirmed that they had the correct MAC ID and we were never able to get it to connect to the internet.  They all determined that is was a faulty modem.  So then I tried myself, double checking the MAC ID with OrbiTel with no luck.  After several HOURS on the phone with NetGear doing several reboots and hard resets, they finally sent me a replacement CBR750.  It won't connect either.  Again, everything was set up using my iPhone and everything would work except for getting the last LED light to come on solid.  

Unfortunately, I ordered the system in September because my house was to completed in early October.  The builder finally got me into the new house on Monday.  On Tuesday I discovered that the system wouldn't work (first time out of the box), but since I'm over 90 days, everyone has said I'm just out of luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the system work with OrbiTel Communications?  It is a small IP, but we have new broadband here.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR750 - won't connect to Orbitel Communications

Is the ISP not seeing it on there network after its powered up on attempting to conntect to there system?

Do they support this model modem on there network? 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7