Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cable Modem

Soberdood
Follower

Cable Modem

I own a CBR40 Triband WiFi cable modem router.      My question is Cox Cable wants me to upgrade my 300 megs download package to 500 megs download, however I need to get a 3.1 Docsis Modem to upgrade.      If purchase a seperate 3.1 docsis modem can I still use my CBR40 Cable modem/router combo and just use the router.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Cable Modem

No, the cbr40 doesn't have a wan connection.

You'd need an orbi router to run it. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cable Modem

You don't need a D3.1 for 500Mbs. Most ISPs require D3.1 for anything on a 1Gb service. 

I had my CBR40 on a 1Gb service and it supported near 900Mpbs back in 2017 or 18. I can't remember which year. The CBR40 worked well on the 1Gb service. Back then I was on CableOne which is now SparkLight. 

@Soberdood wrote:

I own a CBR40 Triband WiFi cable modem router.      My question is Cox Cable wants me to upgrade my 300 megs download package to 500 megs download, however I need to get a 3.1 Docsis Modem to upgrade.      If purchase a seperate 3.1 docsis modem can I still use my CBR40 Cable modem/router combo and just use the router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7