Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I connect a CM500V and Orbi CBK40 on Xfinity

Sturg62
Follower

Can I connect a CM500V and Orbi CBK40 on Xfinity

I know CBK40 does not support ISP embedded voice on cable from ISPs. I have Xfinity as my cable provider and use aCM500V router for cable and phone. Won an Orbi CBK40 in a silent auction package and want to know if I can use it just as a wifi router by hooking it to CM500V through ethernet port to preserve my phone line

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can I connect a CM500V and Orbi CBK40 on Xfinity

No. There two separate modems that work as modems. The CBR40 can be bridged, however this disables the wifi on the CBR40 and makes it just a modem only. 

Your best option if you want voice support, keep the CM modem and return the CBK40 system and get a Orbi RBK40/50 system.

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/wifi-systems.aspx

These systems don't have the built in cable modem and it's just the wifi router features that you would need to work with the CM voice modem. 

@Sturg62 wrote:

I know CBK40 does not support ISP embedded voice on cable from ISPs. I have Xfinity as my cable provider and use aCM500V router for cable and phone. Won an Orbi CBK40 in a silent auction package and want to know if I can use it just as a wifi router by hooking it to CM500V through ethernet port to preserve my phone line

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7