Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access Orbi interface at times, after reset, reboot it works then the problem returns.

rodstar1
Aspirant

Can't access Orbi interface at times, after reset, reboot it works then the problem returns.

I hope someone knows the solution. I can't access my Orbi at random times and have to restart the Orbi and I have reset the Orbi, it fixes the issue for a little while and the problem returns? I have tried multiple browsers and computers and have updated the firmware. 

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't access Orbi interface at times, after reset, reboot it works then the problem returns.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? 

What browsers are you using? 

Wired or wireless when your trying to access the CBRs web page? 

Using 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com? 

@rodstar1 wrote:

I hope someone knows the solution. I can't access my Orbi at random times and have to restart the Orbi and I have reset the Orbi, it fixes the issue for a little while and the problem returns? I have tried multiple browsers and computers and have updated the firmware. 

Message 2 of 4
rodstar1
Aspirant

I have completed a factory reset twice, it is wirelessly and remotely problematic. This issue is on chrome, safari, opera and Firefox using MacBook Pro and IPad Pro.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7