Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cbk40-100NAS

TcOrbi
Follower

Cbk40-100NAS

I have the Orbit CBK 40 router/cable modem with xfjnity service. It has worked flawlessly for 9 months until today when the wide signal dropped and nothing would connect.

I first called xfjnity and they said all was ok in their end, and suggested I do the basics like unplug the router/modem, reset it with the paper clip inside the small hole. I did all of which.

I’m the orbi app, it shows the device as offline. I am able to see the network name on my laptop when I try and connect and launch a webpage, but just no internet signal coming through. Any ideas? Thank you
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Cbk40-100NAS

If you go to your connections page on the cbk40 (hard wire into it with your laptop) can you take a screen snip of both the upload and download?

How about your logs? Can you post those?

When you say nothing will connect, I'd like more details. Nothing will connect to the wireless or it'll connect to the wireless but internet doesn't work?

Are the orbi led's doing anything (blinking/solid, colors)

What firmware is on it?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cbk40-100NAS

What Firmware is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@TcOrbi wrote:
I have the Orbit CBK 40 router/cable modem with xfjnity service. It has worked flawlessly for 9 months until today when the wide signal dropped and nothing would connect.

I first called xfjnity and they said all was ok in their end, and suggested I do the basics like unplug the router/modem, reset it with the paper clip inside the small hole. I did all of which.

I’m the orbi app, it shows the device as offline. I am able to see the network name on my laptop when I try and connect and launch a webpage, but just no internet signal coming through. Any ideas? Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7