Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cbr40

Steakribeye
Follower

Cbr40

I tried activating the cbr40 already and Spectrum says my CBR 40 is active as I contacted them but the internet still doesn’t work, no blinking lights, four solid blue lights on and there’s a purple light emitting on the top ...are they purposely saying that so I don’t use it?? I need help I have gave them the Mac id and everything already too
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cbr40

Power OFF the CBR for 30 seconds then power back on. Ensure the RG6 cable is fully seating on it's jack. 

You should have a wired PC connected one of the LAN ports in back. 

Ask the ISP to check status from there side. 

Ensure your PC is set for auto obtain IP addressing from the CBR40. 

I presume you can connect to the CBR's web page? 

@Steakribeye wrote:
I tried activating the cbr40 already and Spectrum says my CBR 40 is active as I contacted them but the internet still doesn’t work, no blinking lights, four solid blue lights on and there’s a purple light emitting on the top ...are they purposely saying that so I don’t use it?? I need help I have gave them the Mac id and everything already too

Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Steakribeye

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

If you have the Internet (planet-like) icon lit blue then it is an indicator that the cable modem router is online. How do you check if it is online? Is it via wired or wireless? Please wired a computer to the cable modem and access this page https://activate.spectrum.net/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any update or progess on this? 

@Steakribeye wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7