Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Channel conflict between ORBI CBK43 and AT&T U-Verse on 5 Mhz

rb1511
Aspirant

Channel conflict between ORBI CBK43 and AT&T U-Verse on 5 Mhz

I just bought and installed the ORBI CBK43 - Mesh system with a base and 2 satillities (RBS40, 2 - RBS20).   However, they system is interferring with my picture on my AT&T U-Verse receiver/TV.  My AT&T receiver is wireless and it uses the same channel that the ORBI systems used as it backbone community between devices - 5 MHz, channel 157.  My neighbors is also using this channel with a moderate reception in my house.  How do I get ORBI to search and find a free channel or how do I redirect it to use a free channel.  Most the other 5 MHz channels are unused looking at a Wi-Fi analyzer.   There is no problem with the channel Orbi is using for my Wi-FI devices so I don't need to change that.  NVG589 Gateway and a CISCO VEN401 router for 5 MHZ.  Thanks for your help.

(I had posted this in a different community, but was told to post it here.)

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Channel conflict between ORBI CBK43 and AT&T U-Verse on 5 Mhz

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@rb1511  Please provide feedback here or in the other thread about the achievement. Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
rb1511
Aspirant

I responded too soon. It really didn't solve my problem.  I used the config get/config set and config commit commands.  The config get shows that my config set worked and the new channel is 108.  I also tried and used channel 149.  However, in both cases even though it says my 2nd hidden channel has changed, my ORBI RBR40 and RBS20's are still using channel 157.  Do these devices use a different hidden channel I need to change beside or instead of 2nd_Hidden_Channel?

Message 4 of 5
rb1511
Aspirant

Finally solved my problem channeling the backhaul channel.  Turned out I had to change wla_hidden_channel and not wla_2nd_hidden_channel.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7