Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Daisy Chaining with a CBK40?

Pfredd
Guide

Daisy Chaining with a CBK40?

It appears that the RBK series of ORBI routers support Daisy Chaining of satelites.

Why is this feature not available on the CBK40?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Pfredd
Guide

Here is Netgear Support's response to my case regarding the lack of a Satelite Daisy Chaining option:

We have been informed that the Daisy chain feature is enabled by default and is not a configurable option in GUI. Thank you for letting us know about this. Also, we will forward this to the appropriate team and send a feature request to add this function as a configurable option in the future FW like we have for all other Orbi products.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
Pfredd
Guide

OOPS, Meant CBR40

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

This feature is not available on the CBK40 system. I don't know for sure why. I presume that maybe this system was meant for use with just 1 satellite even though more could be added. Something maybe they might add in the future however only NG knows. 

Message 3 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Daisy chain is supported. It is enabled by default.

It does not have option to disable it but the device will auto-adjust between DaisyChain vs Star based on strength of the backhaul links.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for this information. Will keep this in mind.

Message 5 of 6
Pfredd
Guide

Here is Netgear Support's response to my case regarding the lack of a Satelite Daisy Chaining option:

We have been informed that the Daisy chain feature is enabled by default and is not a configurable option in GUI. Thank you for letting us know about this. Also, we will forward this to the appropriate team and send a feature request to add this function as a configurable option in the future FW like we have for all other Orbi products.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7