Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Getting wifi speeds of 400Mbps but only getting 70Mbps ehternet

SHANNONSUPER
Follower

Getting wifi speeds of 400Mbps but only getting 70Mbps ehternet

It's just so wierd that I can get almost 500Mbps on my phone wifi but only 70Mbps on my PlayStation pro.
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Getting wifi speeds of 400Mbps but only getting 70Mbps ehternet

Many different things can impact wireless speed. These include wireless interference, building materials, the device you're using, and even the routers QoS. For this reason, comparing wireless speeds between devices is challenging and half pointless unless its impacting usage.  70mbps should still allow you to stream/play any game. Plus its hard because playstation (used to?)use its own metrics/website for speedtesting.

You've put that you're using orbi. What firmware is it on? Are you using qos?

Is there wireless interference on the channels you're on?

have you tried changing channels?

If you log into orbi, are they on different wireless radios (2.4gh/5gh) or one on the router and one on the satellite?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Getting wifi speeds of 400Mbps but only getting 70Mbps ehternet

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Hows is the game console connected? Wireless or wired? Wired is preferred

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@SHANNONSUPER wrote:
It's just so wierd that I can get almost 500Mbps on my phone wifi but only 70Mbps on my PlayStation pro.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7