Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Horrible customer service

hokievol
Tutor

Horrible customer service

I cannot beileve how bad customer service is on a product that cost so much.  You can see from the screenshot below the Orbi router is not recognizing the cable connection, but .  I've had connection issues the past three days, even when connected via Ethernet.  The horrible support team keeps having me change wireless settings which is irrelevant when you are using Ethernet.  I love Netgear products but will never buy one again with this service.  For almost $500 I expect way more.2019-03-13_10h35_42.png

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
hokievol
Tutor

Re: Horrible customer service CBR40

I talked to Comcast 3 times to make sure all was well before reaching out to Netgear.  They reactivated the modem, etc.  I bought the CBR40 in August and had no issues until now.  

I was able to get my case escalated to Tier 2 and they got me taken care of.   I attached one of the screenshots, Home setup screen didn't recognize the cable connection even though the internet worked at the time.  Also, the Event Log was blank.  Something was wrong with the OS or hardware.  Received a replacement Saturday and installed it.  Everything works fine now. 

It was painful to have to spend 2 hours to do something that should have taken 20 minutes.  Tier 1 kept asking me to change wifi settings when I was having issues via ethernet.  Thankfully Gigi with Tier 2 was able to get it resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Orbi do you have?

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Did you power OFF both ISP modem and Orbi RBR. After the modem is FULLY OFF for 1 minute, power it back ON and let it sync, then power ON the RBR. Walk thru the setup wizard with a wierd PC connected to the back of the Orbi RBR unit. 

@hokievol wrote:

I cannot beileve how bad customer service is on a product that cost so much.  You can see from the screenshot below the Orbi router is not recognizing the cable connection, but .  I've had connection issues the past three days, even when connected via Ethernet.  The horrible support team keeps having me change wireless settings which is irrelevant when you are using Ethernet.  I love Netgear products but will never buy one again with this service.  For almost $500 I expect way more.2019-03-13_10h35_42.png

Message 2 of 10
hokievol
Tutor

CBR40. That is whay I posted on this part of the community.  Tried to enter the model but it is not on the list.

FW is the latest, 2.2.1.210_1.0.8

Again, in the Orbi with built in modem section of the community, it is all in one.

I did everything you describe multiple times.  Explained this to tech support on two separate calls.  They ultimately said watch it for 24 hours and call us back.  I asked to be escalated to tier 2 and of course no resources are avaialble.  No one has called back fron tier 2 either.  

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, or inital post didn't have any model reference.

So did you first contact your ISP to have them activate and associate the CBR40 with there service? This has to be done first for most cable ISP operators. 

Who is your Internet provider?

@hokievol wrote:

CBR40. That is whay I posted on this part of the community.  Tried to enter the model but it is not on the list.

FW is the latest, 2.2.1.210_1.0.8

Again, in the Orbi with built in modem section of the community, it is all in one.

I did everything you describe multiple times.  Explained this to tech support on two separate calls.  They ultimately said watch it for 24 hours and call us back.  I asked to be escalated to tier 2 and of course no resources are avaialble.  No one has called back fron tier 2 either.  

Message 4 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @hokievol

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please PM me the support case number. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 10
hokievol
Tutor

I talked to Comcast 3 times to make sure all was well before reaching out to Netgear.  They reactivated the modem, etc.  I bought the CBR40 in August and had no issues until now.  

I was able to get my case escalated to Tier 2 and they got me taken care of.   I attached one of the screenshots, Home setup screen didn't recognize the cable connection even though the internet worked at the time.  Also, the Event Log was blank.  Something was wrong with the OS or hardware.  Received a replacement Saturday and installed it.  Everything works fine now. 

It was painful to have to spend 2 hours to do something that should have taken 20 minutes.  Tier 1 kept asking me to change wifi settings when I was having issues via ethernet.  Thankfully Gigi with Tier 2 was able to get it resolved.

Message 6 of 10
hokievol
Tutor

Thanks Blanca.  Tier 2 reached out to me and replaced my CBR40.  I sent them a bunch of screenshots to that they were sending to engineering.  The new hardware fixed the issue and everything is working great now.  thanks for reaching out.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's finally resolved. Sounds like the 1st system became faulty. Glad the new system is working well. Be sure to keep it updated as well. 

There is new FW for the RBS20, v28 is avilable. Update this first. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know for future reference.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
hokievol
Tutor

I manually updated the RBS20 FW today.  Everting looks good.  Thanks! 

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation