Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to set up Netgear Orbi Cable Modem router CBK40 with Verizon Fios

mendozas01
Initiate

How to set up Netgear Orbi Cable Modem router CBK40 with Verizon Fios

Has anybody setup an Orbi CBK40 Cable Modem router with Verizon? I was told by Verizon Tech support that I need to connect a Ethernet to Coaxial splitter between the cable wall outlet and the Orbi modem to allow the Orbi to have internet signal and be able to run speeds of 1Gigabit. Without the splitter there is no way to configure the Orbi CBK40 with verizon. Is this true or does anyone else have another alternative of configuration without having to buy a router to bridge the signal between the wall outlet and the Orbi cable modem router?

Tks

Luis Mendoza

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: How to set up Netgear Orbi Cable Modem router CBK40 with Verizon Fios

I think you misunderstand a bit. 

I haven't seen anywhere that the cbk40 is compatible with verizon. so whoever you talked to must be instructing you not on a splitter but on an ONT (optical network terminal) to convert to coax. But even that isn't compatible with verizon. They have their own compatable devices. 

Usually with verizon, they end up hooking up their own ONT/gateway and then you connect a router to that. The CBK40 is a modem/router combo device. Not just a router. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I think you misunderstand a bit. 

I haven't seen anywhere that the cbk40 is compatible with verizon. so whoever you talked to must be instructing you not on a splitter but on an ONT (optical network terminal) to convert to coax. But even that isn't compatible with verizon. They have their own compatable devices. 

Usually with verizon, they end up hooking up their own ONT/gateway and then you connect a router to that. The CBK40 is a modem/router combo device. Not just a router. 

Message 2 of 3
mendozas01
Initiate

Tks for your reponse and help plemans. I think I will change the CBK40 to get a model that works as a router only so I can connect to Verizon's ONT/gateway.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7