Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is there an AC3000 Cable Modem version of the CBK40?

kiwimonkey
Follower

Is there an AC3000 Cable Modem version of the CBK40?

Greetings. I purchased the RBK50 orbi system (1 main and 1 satellite in the box) a little while ago to replace the failing wifi in my C6300. I still use the 6300 in bridge mode only for the cable modem part of it (xfinity). I'd like to remove the C6300 and replace it with an Orbi, but the only one that I see available is the RBK40, which I think uses AC2200 and I currently have AC3000 running. I wasn't sure if it was okay to mix the two AC versions or not. I'm also looking at doing a complete upgrade at another location by removing the xfinisty modem/wifi box and replacing with Orbi. I'd like to use the same model modem there if possible, but again, the only version I see is the 2200AC model.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I wait (how long) for an AC3000 Modem Orbi? Is it okay to use an AC2200 Orbi mixed with an AC3000 Orbi system? 

Thank you for your time.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is there an AC3000 Cable Modem version of the CBK40?

No, NG only produced the CBK40 system which is only AC2200. Your best best would be to get a Netgear CM1000 or CM1100 cable modem and keep the RBK50 system running as is. 

You can mixe 40 and 50 series systems with the RBSs, however the RBRs can't be configured as satellites. Also you would be running a mixed connection rate between 40 and 50 series system where it would be best to keep the same connection rate the 50 series has. If you need to add a satellite, you can and would recommend getting another RBS50 series to add if needed. 

@kiwimonkey wrote:

Greetings. I purchased the RBK50 orbi system (1 main and 1 satellite in the box) a little while ago to replace the failing wifi in my C6300. I still use the 6300 in bridge mode only for the cable modem part of it (xfinity). I'd like to remove the C6300 and replace it with an Orbi, but the only one that I see available is the RBK40, which I think uses AC2200 and I currently have AC3000 running. I wasn't sure if it was okay to mix the two AC versions or not. I'm also looking at doing a complete upgrade at another location by removing the xfinisty modem/wifi box and replacing with Orbi. I'd like to use the same model modem there if possible, but again, the only version I see is the 2200AC model.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I wait (how long) for an AC3000 Modem Orbi? Is it okay to use an AC2200 Orbi mixed with an AC3000 Orbi system? 

Thank you for your time.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is there an AC3000 Cable Modem version of the CBK40?

No, NG only produced the CBK40 system which is only AC2200. Your best best would be to get a Netgear CM1000 or CM1100 cable modem and keep the RBK50 system running as is. 

You can mixe 40 and 50 series systems with the RBSs, however the RBRs can't be configured as satellites. Also you would be running a mixed connection rate between 40 and 50 series system where it would be best to keep the same connection rate the 50 series has. If you need to add a satellite, you can and would recommend getting another RBS50 series to add if needed. 

@kiwimonkey wrote:

Thank you for your time.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7