Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with CBK40 and XFINITY / COMCAST

blakejnd
Aspirant

Issue with CBK40 and XFINITY / COMCAST

I just purchased a new CBK40.  

The installation went smoothly.  I unplugged the XFinity modem I was renting and used the Netgear app which was a breeze.  I should have known it was a little too easy.

Immediately ran a speed test with wonderful results.  176 DL speeds which was better than I was getting with the rented modem/router.

I retruned the equipment to XFinity and when I got home, immediately started having issues with both connectivitly and also speed.  What I find odd is that since I have run a number of speed tests which all come out almost exactly the same.  33 DL and 23 UL.  I have spent hours on the phone with Comcast and cannot get any explanaiton or answers.  

I am not normally one who buys into conspiricy theories, but it was immediatly after I returnred their equipment.  I also know it could be somthing in my settings, but I cannot figure out what it is.  

Any feedback and or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issue with CBK40 and XFINITY / COMCAST

After you go the system set up and running. Did you power OFF the CBR40 for 1 minute then back on?

How are you speed testing? Wireless or wired? Wired is preferred with a PC.

Try different browsers and different speed test sites and servers. Some servers maybe busier than others.

Message 2 of 9
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

How are you running speedtest?

Have you tried wired speedtest?

Please post your DOCSIS connection table and event log. 

Message 3 of 9
Pfredd
Guide

My ORBI Cable Modem works just fine with Comcast.

I am getting better than advertised speed, acording to speedtest.net.

Have you tried going to xfinity.com/setup? You will need to know your comcast online account login credentials. It will then query your modem and get everything set up.

Message 4 of 9
blakejnd
Aspirant

I did power it off.  Also, I cannot do a wired test as my apple does not have a ethernet plug.

I did get the speeds back up.  Now my issue is with consistnt service.  It is off and on constantly.  I do have comcast coming in the morning to look at the lines.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Have them test the CBR40 as well while they are there...

Might ask them if they can test the modem set for CM700. It's the same as whats in side...

Message 6 of 9
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Please install Orbi app and run speedtest through the Orbi app.

Please post screenshots of DOCSIS connection page and Event logs from the device. 

Message 7 of 9
blakejnd
Aspirant

Solved.  It was an issue with Comcast.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements