Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Logs full of DHCP IP to MAC address

mjposner
Aspirant

Logs full of DHCP IP to MAC address

My logs are full of dhcp requests:

[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.47)] to MAC address 06:C2:5A:6A:57:F5, Monday, Jan 23,2023 07:50:26
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.54)] to MAC address C8:9E:43:44:5B:9D, Monday, Jan 23,2023 07:50:25
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.47)] to MAC address 06:C2:5A:6A:57:F5, Monday, Jan 23,2023 07:50:21
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.20)] to MAC address C8:9E:43:68:F2:AF, Monday, Jan 23,2023 07:50:20

192.168.1.54 is one satellite; 192.168.1.20 is another.

192.168.1.47 is not listed as any device connected to my network, can't log into that address either

What doe this mean?

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Logs full of DHCP IP to MAC address

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Seen this as most of the time is the client device trying to decide which signal source to connect too. Thus causes a repeating log entry.

You'll need to find out what .47 is coming from. Is something on your system that is being connected to the Orbi system. What all do you have connected? 

Message 2 of 9
mjposner
Aspirant

What Firmware version is currently loaded?  V4.6.14.4_2.3.12
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? The Orbi CBR750 is the cable modem

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?  3800

What is the distance between the router and  satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS

way more than 30 feet.

You'll need to find out what .47 is coming from. Is something on your system that is being connected to the Orbi system. What all do you have connected? 

192.168.1.47 popped up in the device list, its a directtv box

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the Direct TV box wireless or ethernet connected to the CBR? 

One or two RBS deployed? 

Message 4 of 9
mjposner
Aspirant

Directtv box is via ethernet

4 sats

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting an IP address reservation on the CBR for the DirectTV device? 

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

4 RBS in that size of home, maybe too many RBS. The CBR and just 1 RBS will work.

Too Much Wifi: https://youtu.be/UR0viMLISz4

I get away with a CBR and just 1 RBS in my 5000sq ft home 3 levels including basement where the RBS gets deployed. 

Message 6 of 9
mjposner
Aspirant

I tried that 1/1 and just didn't get enough signal. House is very long and old and built like a tank (1937)

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Might try turning down the power on the RBR from 100% to say 50%. 

Message 8 of 9
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi mjposner,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you have a DHCP IP address that is not a part of your network, please try a factory reset on your CBR750 then check to logs without any network devices attached to the network. Then ensure your network is functioning optimally. After you have verified that your network is optimal without the addition of the satellites, add a satellite one at a time for network coverage. Be sure to collect logs after each satellite is added to your network. Ensure that you are also using your Directtv box through each of mentioned steps. 

Please visit the link below for the recommended satellite placement. ( We understand that you may not be able to place the satellites exactly as shown due to your home infrastructure. This guide helps to give users a general idea of where the satellites should be placed for optimal connection):

Where should I place my Orbi Pro satellite? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7