My Orbi Satellite issues

mbshaughnessy
Aspirant

My Orbi Satellite issues

Hardware VersionCBR750

Orbi Firmware VersionV4.6.5.8_2.0.54

CM Firmware VersionV1.01.08

I

The system is 5 months old, the last few weeks the satellite has been having issues. Dropping connections and after a week or so there are no active connections on the satellite. I power off, things are going good, then back to no connections. I have moved it to several locations in the house, now in a room where several devices are within 6 feet, same thing. Open to any suggestions

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My Orbi Satellite issues

Hopefully with the changes and reducing the power some, should help. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is loaded on the RBS? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 8
mbshaughnessy
Aspirant

FW: I believe V4.6.5.14

1600 sqft townhouse, 2 story, 41 ft distance between the router and satellite, both on second floor almost clear line of sight. drywall construction (cheap California)

Two close neighbors

Currently set to Auto and 48 on 5ghz

Updated Coexistence and CTS, preamble was set to auto

Will reboot later, family finishing work. I appreciate the guidance

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

1600 sq ft maybe a bit small for the CBR and RBS...

Lets see how it works with the changes. You might turn down the transmit power on the CBR to 50%. 

Message 4 of 8
mbshaughnessy
Aspirant

Thanks, I would agree the satellite is a bit overkill -- working from and close to 30 devices, I wanted to be sure we were solid as far as our network

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully with the changes and reducing the power some, should help. 

Message 6 of 8
mbshaughnessy
Aspirant

Many thanks for your guidance. After running almost 48 hours, no drops where I used to see several a day

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7