Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NOTICE - CBR750 and Comcast/Xfiniity ISP Service Issue

FURRYe38
Guru

NOTICE - CBR750 and Comcast/Xfiniity ISP Service Issue

ISP Information:

Some ISPs have made changes to there speed tier program with out letting users know. They removed support for 1Gb and split the tier to 800Mpbs and 1.2Gb which seems that in some areas, the ISP is not supporting the CBR on the 1.2Gb tier. The CBR had been working fine up to this point until the ISP made changes. Since the CBR only has 1000Mpbs LAN ports on the router side, it may not make sense to have the 1.2Gb speed since you'll never see much over 900Mbps on the LAN side thru the CBR750. The CBR works as advertised on the 800Mbps speed tier since the LAN ports on the CBR support 1000Mpbs.

CBR Support:

Though the CBR modem can support 1Gb and higher, the LAN ports on the CBR are limited to 1000Mpbs only. Nothing higher. So users should see 800Mpbs approx. with a ethernet or wireless connection. Wireless depends on MIMO support and design and support of the wireless device. Most devices are 2x2 and some may max out at around 500-700mpbs. 4x4 MIMO devices have more ability to see speeds 800Mpbs and above. 

Netgear is aware of the changes at hand and are working to resolve the issues. If you are having problems with the CBR750 on these ISP services, Netgear needs to following information from users experiencing problems with there CBR750 units if users are getting internet services from these ISPs:

Please create a new post. 

FW version loaded on the CBR.

What speed tier you subscribe to from the ISP service. 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status and event log page.
https://kb.netgear.com/30007/How-do-I-obtain-the-cable-connection-information-from-a-NETGEAR-cable-m...
https://kb.netgear.com/30008/How-do-I-view-or-clear-the-event-logs-on-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mode...

Enable debug logs maybe needed for extra logging review. 

Private message a forum moderator the MAC address and serial number from the bottom of the CBR750.

Netgear is working to help resolve issues seen with the CBR750 and ISP services. 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7