Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Advise

BrendanDenis
Follower

Need Advise

This year I replaced my Xfinity Router with the ORBI Mesh.  Now I have my own modem and router.

I also have a home where I have VERIZON Fios for TV and the Internet.  The home is a 2 story 2200 Square foot home.

Verizon provides a gateway (combination modem & router) for the service to operate.

I would like to replace their system with possibly an Orbi Mesh product.  I hear that I need only to get a new router.  Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me and recommend a device?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need Advise

I recommend contacting the ISP first to see if there modem can be replaced by 3rd party wifi routers. If so, then you would need a Orbi RBK system. You can't use the CBK system as that product is for cable ISP services, not FIOS. 

@BrendanDenis wrote:

This year I replaced my Xfinity Router with the ORBI Mesh.  Now I have my own modem and router.

I also have a home where I have VERIZON Fios for TV and the Internet.  The home is a 2 story 2200 Square foot home.

Verizon provides a gateway (combination modem & router) for the service to operate.

I would like to replace their system with possibly an Orbi Mesh product.  I hear that I need only to get a new router.  Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me and recommend a device?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7