Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need help because I updated router before satellites and now can't manually update sats

Penny38
Follower

Need help because I updated router before satellites and now can't manually update sats

I have an Orbi CBR40 router that has the latest firmware, but my satellites (RBW30 & RBS20) are a couple of versions behind. I did not realize I had to update satellites first. Anyway, I followed the manual's instructions on how to update the firmware on the satellites manually. I download the correct zip files, extracted them, moved them to my desktop, and when I browse for the file and upload it, I always get an error message "This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product." I have double-checked and I am downloading the correct firmware file for the satellite I want to update. I am not a techy person so if you have any advice, can you please lay it out plain and simple, step by step.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need help because I updated router before satellites and now can't manually update sats

What FW version do you have on the CBR and the RBW and RBS? 

What browser are you using? 

Are the RBW and RBS connecting to the CBR after it was updated? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7