Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi CBK40 Reviews

johnb331
Follower

Netgear Orbi CBK40 Reviews

I am looking at the Netgear Orbi CBK40 for my new home at 3500 sqft. Looking for feedback if this system is compatible with Xfinity as well 4 users at any given time. Feed back please is greatly requested.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi CBK40 Reviews

I have a CBK40. Been working just fine in my 5000sq ft home. Modem/Router upstairs at one end of the house while 1 satellite is at opposite end of the house at 40 feet in between. Both wireless and wired back haul work well. Currently on wired back haul. A wireless bridge connected to one of my DISH Joeys gets services from the satellite in the next room over. DISH Hopper and 3 Joeys, 3 cameras, phones and PCs all conected wirelessly and wired. 2 game consoles wire connected.

I would check with CC to see if the CBK40 is supported officially. Some ISPs haven't started supporting it as of yet. However, if they don't, you can see if they support a CM700 model, if so tell them that you have a CM700 as this is what's inside the CBK40.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/Unsupported-Orbi-CBK40-modem-and-ISP...

Message 2 of 3
Pfredd
Guide

Re: Netgear Orbi CBK40 Reviews

XFINITY (Comcast) does support the ORBI cable modem. I just hooked one up two days ago.

Hook the coax up to it, power it up and wait for all of the blue leds to iluminate.

Connect a PC to the ORBI, either via wireless (password is on the ORBI label on the bottom of the unit) or use an ethernet cable.

Then, go to http://www.xfinity.com/activate

Then, you can configure the ORBI using the ORBI app (Android or IOS) or by conneting to the ORBI via your web browser.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7