Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OBRI CBK43 Mesh and AT&T U-Verse 5 MHz channel conflict

rb1511
Aspirant

OBRI CBK43 Mesh and AT&T U-Verse 5 MHz channel conflict

I just bought and installed the ORBI CBK43 - Mesh system with a base and 2 satillities (RBS40, 2 - RBS20).   However, they system is interferring with my picture on my AT&T U-Verse receiver/TV.  My AT&T receiver is wireless and it uses the same channel that the ORBI systems used as it backbone community between devices - 5 MHz, channel 157.  My neighbors is also using this channel with a moderate reception in my house.  How do I get ORBI to search and find a free channel or how do I redirect it to use a free channel.  Most the other 5 MHz channels are unused looking at a Wi-Fi analyzer.   There is no problem with the channel Orbi is using for my devices so I don't need to change that.  Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
rb1511
Aspirant

Re: OBRI CBK43 Mesh and AT&T U-Verse 5 MHz channel conflict

I solved my problem by changing wla_hidden_channel instead of wla_2nd_hidden_channel per the recommendation in the post I was directed to.  I found this is a different post.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the Orbi with Cable modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4
rb1511
Aspirant

I went to the link mentioned.  I used the config get/config set and config commit commands.  The config get shows that my config set worked and the new channel is 108.  I also tried and used channel 149.  However, in both cases I did another config get and verified my 2nd hidden channel has changed when viewed using Telnet.  Nowever, my ORBI RBR40 and RBS20's are still using channel 157 when I look at a wi-fi analyzer.  Do these devices use a different hidden channel I need to change beside or instead of 2nd_Hidden_Channel?

Message 3 of 4
rb1511
Aspirant

I solved my problem by changing wla_hidden_channel instead of wla_2nd_hidden_channel per the recommendation in the post I was directed to.  I found this is a different post.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7