Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI CBR40 problem with WD Cloud NAS

Jd7744
Aspirant

ORBI CBR40 problem with WD Cloud NAS

I have 2 ORBI based systems. NO1 is RBR50 with 4 satellites using FIOS router DMZ so the RBR does all router IP distribution, wireless and wired. Works great. NO2, in a different house, is CBR40 as modem and router on Comcast with 2 satellites. I have Synology NAS in each location. I have a No3 but no ORBI's in that system whch uses wired access points. As additional backup I also use WD MyCloud NAS. WD works fine in No1 and No3 but No2, the newest system, noticed the WD NAS for a while then forgot it and wouldn't access it. Rebooted, went to original configuration, tried all several times - nothing. Unfortunately, I don't remember if there was a firmware update for the CBR - it was around Feb'19. I happen to have a second WD NAS which I brought to the No2 location and tried, same result. After all that work and frustration, on returning to systems No1 and No3, both WD devices worked fine in each of those systems. CBR doesn't like WD for some reason? Any insight would be helpful.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI CBR40 problem with WD Cloud NAS

Shouldn't be any differences. The CBK is just a modem built in with Orbi HW. 

Might try setting NAT Filter from Secure to OPEN and test. 

Try configuring some Port Forwarding to see. 

Set the CBR40 to modem only mode and connect a different router to the back of the CBR40 and see if the problem continues...

Message 2 of 4
Jd7744
Aspirant

Sorry for late reply. I’m in the process of trying these recommendations remotely. The CBR is in my other house and I won’t be there until. Sept. appreciate the help.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements