Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi CBK40 Issues

misterblvck
Follower

Orbi CBK40 Issues

I have had this Orbi modem/router for almost 3 months now. Within the first week of buying this product, we experienced this same issue. Went through Netgear Technical Support and was stuck on the phone with them for hours trying to figure it out. Eventually the internet just started working again after multiple restarts, off/on switches, resets; but the one that got it to work the first time was unplugging everything and then unplugging the coax line the plugging everything in again starting with the coax. Why that worked? I have no idea. Technical Support didnt give a very good answer either. I have left the router alone ever since and it has been fine.... until tonight. 

We were having internet issues so I tried restarting the router. Boy, was that a mistake. It restarted just fine and I got internet on my main computer, as I still do now as I type this novel, but no other device, hardlined or wi-fi, gets internet. I have tried everything we did with Technical Support the first time this happened a few months ago, but nothing works. Its still just my computer that connects perfectly and no other device does. I have tried switching the port my computers ethernet line plugs into with a different computer to see if its just that port thats working. That does nothing as its still just my computer that connects to the internet. 

Technical Support was a nightmare to deal with last time and I really dont want to be stuck on the phone with them for hours for an issue they seem to not know how to fix. Its just reset after reset, unplug and plug back in over and over again until it finally worked. Thats not helpful nor solving the problem here. I should be able to restart my modem/router without having to worry about my entire network crashing on every device except for my computer. 

If anyone has any insight or logical explanation as to why this is happening or what could be causing it, that would be greatly appreciated. I will provide any info I can to help in tracking down this issue.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi CBK40 Issues

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7