Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi CBK40 with comast Xfi wireless cable boxes

mbright8950
Follower

Orbi CBK40 with comast Xfi wireless cable boxes

I recently received a Orbi CBK40 and I have two Xfi wireless cable boxes throught comcast which they tell me will only work with their wireless gateway no customer owned modem/router combos. Ive searched different forumns and I see some people who say they have gotten it working only by hard wiring the X-fi boxes. Does anyone have a diffinitive way to get these boxes working with an orbi CBK40 ? Thanks

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Do the Xfi boxes have a LAN port? 

I have a similar DISH Joey connected to my system via there LAN port. Though they are not wifi supporting, the LAN port in back makes it so they can connect to the main DISH Hopper via LAN cable in a different area of the home. 

Try this. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@mbright8950 wrote:

I recently received a Orbi CBK40 and I have two Xfi wireless cable boxes throught comcast which they tell me will only work with their wireless gateway no customer owned modem/router combos. Ive searched different forumns and I see some people who say they have gotten it working only by hard wiring the X-fi boxes. Does anyone have a diffinitive way to get these boxes working with an orbi CBK40 ? Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7