Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi CBR40 - Devices Low Signal

Redpops
Aspirant

Orbi CBR40 - Devices Low Signal

Just upgraded to the Orbi CBR40 router/cable modem combo. I previously had the RBK23 3 pack router and 2 satellites. When I was using the Orbi app on the RBK23, all connected devices showed as having full signal. Now since I deleted the original Orbi router and replaced with the CBR40 it shows all devices with low signals even though I know they are getting good signals. Is this maybe a bug within the app or something else? I tried deleting the app and reinstall, but the strange thing is it shows all Devices full signal, then drops them to low signals.. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi CBR40 - Devices Low Signal

What FW is currently loaded?
What devices are you using with the Orbi app?

Do device see good wireless signal ON the devices themselves?
Are you using the 1 satellite that came with the CBK40 or added the other satellites from the other system?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Message 2 of 4
Redpops
Aspirant

Thanks for getting back with me..

FW is 2.1.4.6

Devices being used: Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby monitor, Wireless printer, iPhones, iMac, Sonos, Honeywell Thermostat

Yes, within the device Apps themselves, the signal is full bars

I originally bought and installed Orbi RBK23 (Router and 2 satellites). I then decided I wanted the CBR40 Rouer/Cable modem so I boiught that seperately. I had to do away with the origianl Orbi router, but used the 2 satellites from the origail 3 pack. I did do a factory reset on both satellites before installing the CBR40.

House is 2300 square feet

Distance between router and satellites is aprox 35-40 feet each

Yes, just using Auto channels - I will try manual channels as you suggested.

When I had the origainal setup, I had full wireless signal on all devices through the Orbi App. Now, it appears I am still receiving full wireless signal on the devices, however, it's just showing low within the app.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

So you have 3 satellites connected?

For 2300 sq ft, you may only need the router and just 1 satellite. I have a 5000sq ft home and use just the base and 1 satellite. 40 feet in between the satellite and base.

Possible issue with the app. I presume if everything is working and your getting full signal on each device. May not be something to worry about. Maybe next app update will fix it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7