Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi CBR40 - How can I dim the VERY bright lights?

pxlla
Tutor

Orbi CBR40 - How can I dim the VERY bright lights?

I've just installed my new Orbi and performed all the updates and firmware. I saw one ppost on the forum about a year and a half ago that referenced this issue. Is this something that can be added to the developer feature list. The lights on this modem are so bright they actually light up the room!

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi CBR40 - How can I dim the VERY bright lights?

(Caveat: I do not have this model, but...) The only "light" that is supposed to be on during normal operation is the tiny Power LED which is on the back and will be green.  https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 

Which light light remains on (and bright)?

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to post about this in the Orbi with Cable modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Good Luck. 

@pxlla wrote:

I've just installed my new Orbi and performed all the updates and firmware. I saw one ppost on the forum about a year and a half ago that referenced this issue. Is this something that can be added to the developer feature list. The lights on this modem are so bright they actually light up the room!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@pxlla wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7