Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi CBR40 Interrupted connections all day long

ylebron
Aspirant

Orbi CBR40 Interrupted connections all day long

I have the orbi CBR40 and satellite at home and it has stopped working correctly in the past few months. The firmware is up to date (2.3.0.10) and I have not made any changes to it. My Internet provider (Comcast-Xfinity) has done all they can: changed cables, sent a technician, tested remotely etc and it is all working from their end. The only thing they have mentioned is that they are receiving overheat signals coming from my Modem/Router. I really need this issue fixed since I work from home and this is getting a little frustrating.

My orbi app says everything is connected and no flashing magenta light is coming from the Orbi but I have no internet on my devices. HELP!
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi CBR40 Interrupted connections all day long

1. Try a factory reset and re-setup the device.

2. If you've had it under a year, open a support ticket with netgear. Go to the top at mynetgear and register and account and then device. From here you can open a support ticket to get it replaced if comcast is saying its overheating.

3. What do you connections look like? What I mean by that is if you pull up your connects page for the modem configuration, what are you signal strengths? do a page snip of these and post a link.

4. Modem logs help. Posting those help as well.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/CBR40

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any status on this? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@ylebron wrote:
I have the orbi CBR40 and satellite at home and it has stopped working correctly in the past few months. The firmware is up to date (2.3.0.10) and I have not made any changes to it. My Internet provider (Comcast-Xfinity) has done all they can: changed cables, sent a technician, tested remotely etc and it is all working from their end. The only thing they have mentioned is that they are receiving overheat signals coming from my Modem/Router. I really need this issue fixed since I work from home and this is getting a little frustrating.

My orbi app says everything is connected and no flashing magenta light is coming from the Orbi but I have no internet on my devices. HELP!

Message 3 of 5
ylebron
Aspirant

My house is around 2900 sqft.

Distance from router and satellite is around 25 ft.

I have the default channels, have tried the suggested in the post and nothing works either.

I have three or fourwi-fi connections close to my house.

I also tried resetting to factory settings, which worked for a few days and now it is back to being interrupted.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you try turning OFF the RBS temporarily and see if the interruptions continue or not. 

What channesl are your wifi neighbors using? 

25 feet is a bit  too close between the CBR and RBS. 30 feet or more is needed. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7