Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi CBR40 Manual reset with not restore "password" back to factory settings

JDM1967
Follower

Orbi CBR40 Manual reset with not restore "password" back to factory settings

Bought second hand an Orbi CBR40 Cable Modem which I was able to successfully connect to the cable service (comcast) as well as other devices through out the house.   That's the great news!

I however cannot logonto the cable modem itself using the default UserID and Password.  I have tried a hard factory reset several times holding the paperclip way beyond 7 seconds with little sucess.  I have also tried other browers and even tried in a private browers window with no success.   

Any ideas?  Thinking perhaps I might have a firmware issue?  If so, is this something which can updated with using the Netgear app (i.e using an ethernet cable connecting the computer to the cable modem or satilite?

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi CBR40 Manual reset with not restore "password" back to factory settings

Pressing the reset button for 15 seconds then release is all thats needed. Try this again with the ISP Coax cable disconnected from the CBR40. Wire connect a PC or laptop to the back of the CBR40. Use a web browser pointed at 192.168.0.1 or try orbilogin.com.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi CBR40 Manual reset with not restore "password" back to factory settings

Pressing the reset button for 15 seconds then release is all thats needed. Try this again with the ISP Coax cable disconnected from the CBR40. Wire connect a PC or laptop to the back of the CBR40. Use a web browser pointed at 192.168.0.1 or try orbilogin.com.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7