Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi CBR40 cannot connect Security System

zane310
Initiate

Orbi CBR40 cannot connect Security System

Hello 

After setting up my Orbi and satellite I connected all my devices, wireless and hard wired the problem I have is I have a Honeywell Tuxedo Touch security system that will not connect to it. I see my SSID in fact I see 3, I can put the password in any of those and it will not connect. I can change back to my old router and it will connect, I can also connect it to a verizon MiFi and it will connect, but connect the Orbi back up and will not conect, I do I.T. for a living which dont make me a smart guy but this should not be rocket science, Im going to give it another 4 or 5 days and if it dont work Im going to carry it back. Thanks for any help

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post this here in the main Orbi forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

This forum is for the cable Orbi system

Message 2 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @zane310

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

What is the error message when you try to connect it to the network? Please try changing the wireless channel and connect again.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 8
tcm004
Aspirant

im having the same problem with the 3 ssid options, i contacted netgear and was told to contact Honeywell on this problem. im able to connect to previous router by just selecting the ssid and entering the password, but with the orbi in IP connection on the panel states NA. any help is appreciated. i too will return this product even with the great wifi connection. IS there a Port i need to forward?

Message 4 of 8
tcm004
Aspirant

abolve post
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 8
zane310
Initiate

I found a work around , just make you a guess account with a password and your Honeywell will see it, put in you password and it will connect it fixed mine
Message 6 of 8
tcm004
Aspirant

Thanks, I will try it out tonight. I really like the increased speed but I need to control 8 lights doorlooks , an thermostat.
Message 7 of 8
tcm004
Aspirant

Thanks it Working. I’m not sure if it was the update dad got it working or buy me switching to the guest account Any boot it’l works thanks
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7