Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi CBR40 no modem lights and will not connect to internet.

Simcheck
Aspirant

Orbi CBR40 no modem lights and will not connect to internet.

Today my Orbi WiFi modem will not connect to the internet. I have a pink light on top, but absolutely no modem status lights on the front. When power cycling the modem status lights never blink at all. I have tried power cycling, disconnecting and reconnecting all cables, multiple factory resets, and I reached out to my ISP to confirm it’s not on their side. I called Netgear support, and they said it’s not a hardware failure, but I’m not convinced. Any help would be appreciated.
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Simcheck
Aspirant

The device ended up having a hardware failure and after reaching back out to support I was able to get a tech to send a replacement unit. I received it today, and it is working as expected.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

The front down link LED should blink with out ISP coax disabled when turned on. If it doesn't, the there is a problem on the CBR. 

Can try a different power adapter and see though I doubt this would be a problem. Something NG should look into more.

@vkdelta 

Message 2 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Simcheck

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Simcheck
Aspirant

The device ended up having a hardware failure and after reaching back out to support I was able to get a tech to send a replacement unit. I received it today, and it is working as expected.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7