Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi CBR750 Bad Firmware, cannot roll-back.

Orbi CBR750 Bad Firmware, cannot roll-back.

Netgear sent Firmware version V4.6.3.6_2.0.48 to my CBR750 which they have determined bad, and I have a few devices that will not connect now that the firmare has been pushed.  If I try to roll-back to the suggested version, V3.2.18.2_1.4.14, it is not possible.  I have contacted thier support and the best answer they can give me is wait for the next update, really?  So Netgear, has now broken my hardware with thier firmware update and will provide me with no option.  My device is still under hardware support, and Netgear will not provide me with a new unit that actually works.  I can't say I would suggest purchasing Orbi or Netgear products.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi CBR750 Bad Firmware, cannot roll-back.

What is wrong with your unit that v4 is not working? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 8

Everything has been completed?  Go to the home page for the product and see what they say should be the current firmware?  Netgear broke my router, admitted to it, and won't do anything about it!  Total Joke!!  Wait a few weeks, while you can't watch or use your TV, great company!!

Message 3 of 8

They actually admitted it was their fault.  However, they will do nothing.  Worst company on this planet.  Can't even roll-back the firmware, becuase the firmware they installed destroyed my device.  Great Company!

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact a forum moderator to see if they can help you out.

@DarrenM @vkdelta 

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 8
tman1973
Tutor

Same issue with my router. Called support and they have no other options than sign up for a support plan. Crazy. I beleive firmware issues are intentional so people will sign up for support. Bad business practice and I hope netgear would change. They should be providing patches to fix the issue rather than asking to pay for support and then they try to fix the issues. Totally unhappy. 

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/CBR750-issues-after-firmware-update-...

@tman1973 wrote:

Same issue with my router. Called support and they have no other options than sign up for a support plan. Crazy. I beleive firmware issues are intentional so people will sign up for support. Bad business practice and I hope netgear would change. They should be providing patches to fix the issue rather than asking to pay for support and then they try to fix the issues. Totally unhappy. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

New FW is out:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/New-CBR750-Firmware-Version-4-6-5-8-...

@drewbab1229 wrote:

Netgear sent Firmware version V4.6.3.6_2.0.48 to my CBR750 which they have determined bad, and I have a few devices that will not connect now that the firmare has been pushed.  If I try to roll-back to the suggested version, V3.2.18.2_1.4.14, it is not possible.  I have contacted thier support and the best answer they can give me is wait for the next update, really?  So Netgear, has now broken my hardware with thier firmware update and will provide me with no option.  My device is still under hardware support, and Netgear will not provide me with a new unit that actually works.  I can't say I would suggest purchasing Orbi or Netgear products.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7