Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Cable Modem with Point Broadband

SJern03
Aspirant

Orbi Cable Modem with Point Broadband

We recently moved to an area that provides fiber.  Purchased an Orbi Cable Modem, however cannot seem to get the systems to work together.  I am not a tech person...  I have cable coming from the wiring closet as well as ethernet connection.  I have tried connecting to both with no success.  We are located in Opelika, AL and are using Point Broadband as a provider.  Is there anyone who can direct me on how to successfully set up the CBK40?  

In advance, thank you.

Steve - sjernigan3@me.com

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

If you're provider is a fiber provider the cbk40 won't work for you. the cbk40 is for cable internet providers as it has the integrated modem.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you're provider is a fiber provider the cbk40 won't work for you. the cbk40 is for cable internet providers as it has the integrated modem.  

Message 2 of 4
SJern03
Aspirant

Thank you... is there a modem you'd recommend?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If your provider is a fiber provider, they can be very specific on what they require or even require using their own. I'd contact them to see what compatible devices they offer or what they list for specific aftermarket compatible devices. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7