Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi + Circle Custom Filters Support and CATS app

philism
Aspirant

Orbi + Circle Custom Filters Support and CATS app

So I have been adding domains via Circle Custom Filters to help keep undesireable content filtered from my kids, but I have finally met my match. I usually use Charles Proxy to log requests from my kid's phones that have challenging connection problems that cannot be solved by browsing History and adding filters from the UI.

My kids want to play the game C.A.T.S. on their phones, but the app will not start while they are in Adult (or Teen) Filtering mode. I discovered that there is a call to:

balancer.bb.zeptolab.com:7710 

that is being blocked while in Adult (or Teen) Filter mode, despite adding a custom filter for that domain/sub-domains. I have added it with the port number and without the port number.

balancer.bb.zeptolab.com:7710 

balancer.bb.zeptolab.com

The Circle documentation doesn't say if it supports port numbers or not, but the user interface definitely allows for it to be entered. Regardless, I am unable to bypass this call unless I turn off all web filtering for my children. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to try out?

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Circle app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle
Good Luck

Message 2 of 3
philism
Aspirant

Thanks will do
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation