Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System with Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem - AX4200 (CBK752) Connection drop

kenchiu
Aspirant

Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System with Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem - AX4200 (CBK752) Connection drop

Hi,

I purchased the Ax4200 3 months ago. Over the last 2 months, I have been experiencing unstable connection (frozen screen, lost connection) in my Google Meet and Zoom meeting. My macbook was connected to RBS750 for the zoom meeting. I had talked to the support team about this, but the advice (factory reset) didn't help too much.

As I will have a job interview coming soon using zoom or other video conferencing tool, I need some advice on this area. Please advise. 

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System with Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem - AX4200 (CBK752) Connection drop

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? 

Try disabling the following and see:

Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter.

Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 8
kenchiu
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Plesae see my answers below. I also have two questions.

a) My Macbook Pro is placed very close to RBS750 Orbi Satellite, but the Orbi app doesn't show the full wifi strength (2 ooy if 3 bars)

b) Where can I check the connection log of my Orbi router and Orbi Satellite

c) Do you see any issues if the distance between Orbi router and Orbi Satellite is less than 30 feets? the separation is about 29 feet.

My answers to your questions

1) CBR750 - V3.2.18.2;  RBS750 - V3.2.18.1

2) 1800 sq feet.  The Orbirouter and Orbi satellite are on the same floor. but there are two walls between them

3) 2.4 Ghz channel - 11;  5Ghz channel - 48

4) About 4 wifi neighbors

5) Armor - not activiated

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

do you have issues with wired device? Or just wireless?

Its also worth checking the cable connection if you're having issues with wired devices as well.

Got a screen snip of the cable connections page and the modem event logs from the cbk752?

Message 4 of 8
kenchiu
Aspirant

The issue is only with wireless device.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Disable the following: IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Does both Zoom app and browser based Zoom see this problem?

Message 6 of 8
kenchiu
Aspirant

For zoom, the issue happened with zoon app

For google meet, the issue happened with chrome browser

Do you know what caused the connection drop issue?  interference?

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible. You can ethernet connect your Mac to the CBR or RBS and see if this changes anything. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7