Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Mesh Wifi 6 Consistent Intermittent Internet-Drops Out every 3-10 minutes

evankovanis
Aspirant

Orbi Mesh Wifi 6 Consistent Intermittent Internet-Drops Out every 3-10 minutes

I have the following system:

Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System with Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem - AX4200 - 2 pack (CBK752)

My internet connection drops every 3-10 minutes. I have called my ISP (Spectrum) many times and they claim it is not a problem on their end. I have attached a screenshot from the connection monitor Chrome plugin.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh Wifi 6 Consistent Intermittent Internet-Drops Out every 3-10 minutes

you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and event logs?

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh Wifi 6 Consistent Intermittent Internet-Drops Out every 3-10 minutes

Does the Orbi log file contain the same messages about Online and No Internet Connection?

Message 3 of 5
evankovanis
Aspirant

The event log is below, I don't know what the "cable connections" page is, can't find it in the web interface.

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 9.11.50 PM.jpg

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

The cable connections page will show upstream/downstream info. When you first log into the device, click on the internet icon on the home page. (through the gui)

Your logs are indicating a line issue currently. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7