Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Model CBK40 connecting to non-wifi Canon Image Runner Advance Printer

NewToOrbi
Aspirant

Orbi Model CBK40 connecting to non-wifi Canon Image Runner Advance Printer

Just replaced my modem with a longer range Orbi model but now it will not recognize my printer no matter how many times I reconnect the router extender or re-boot my printer. I have the IP address to the printer but don't know how to get them to see each other. Had to pay someone way to much to do it last time and hoping for help to do it myself this time. Any suggestions and step by step help would be greatly appreciated. 

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
NewToOrbi
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Model CBK40 connecting to non-wifi Canon Image Runner Advance Printer

The printer is a non-wifi printer. Canon Imagerunner Advance C5045.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Model CBK40 connecting to non-wifi Canon Image Runner Advance Printer

Ensure the printer is using a automatic IP addressing configuration. Don't use a static IP address ON the printer. A static maybe not configured correctly. 

Ensure your drivers are correctly setup for the right IP address once the printer gets and IP addrss from the CBK40. 

Contact the printers Mfr for help and support regarding it's networking configuration and settings. 

@NewToOrbi wrote:

Just replaced my modem with a longer range Orbi model but now it will not recognize my printer no matter how many times I reconnect the router extender or re-boot my printer. I have the IP address to the printer but don't know how to get them to see each other. Had to pay someone way to much to do it last time and hoping for help to do it myself this time. Any suggestions and step by step help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7