Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi NETGEAR-Guest wont turn off

Nicarus
Tutor

Orbi NETGEAR-Guest wont turn off

EI just set up an Orbi 50 network using the Orbi as modem and router with 3 satellites. All good. 

Somehow I have a guest network called NETGEAR-Guest,  that I just cannot get rid of. I have used the Orbi app and the browser interface and have tried switching the network on, switching its name and security settings and obviously turning it off numerous times. Each time I wait for a reset and each time the network persists. Even with the web interface and the app or showing it is switched off with no settings activated you can still see it and log straight on.

Anyone got any ideas how I can deactivate this most resilient Wi-Fi network have ever encountered.?

Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Confirm the model # of the Orbi you you have? CBK40 or RBK50?

You need to post here if you have the RBK50:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

@Nicarus wrote:

EI just set up an Orbi 50 network using the Orbi as modem and router with 3 satellites. All good. 

Somehow I have a guest network called NETGEAR-Guest,  that I just cannot get rid of. I have used the Orbi app and the browser interface and have tried switching the network on, switching its name and security settings and obviously turning it off numerous times. Each time I wait for a reset and each time the network persists. Even with the web interface and the app or showing it is switched off with no settings activated you can still see it and log straight on.

Anyone got any ideas how I can deactivate this most resilient Wi-Fi network have ever encountered.?

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements