Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS750 satellite won't sync to CBR750 modem/router

Steven423
Aspirant

Orbi RBS750 satellite won't sync to CBR750 modem/router

Hello, so I had bought this package from Best Buy earlier this year (CBR750 modem/router with RBS750 satellite). It had been working great till maybe about a couple months ago when the satellite no longer seemed to be synced to the router. I have tried everything, I've read the other articles about people having this same issue and I've tried everything, including factory reset, and multiple times attempting to sync them together, including having them right next to each other and also connected via an ethernet cable. I've attempted the syncing process through the Orbi app as well as through the web interface for the router. Each time it says it fails. I had updated both to their latest versions of the FW last week. I don't understand in other articles where people are saying to make sure it's the same FW on both, when you look up the FW listing for each model, none of the released versions match with the other, literally none of the numbers match for each of them?? The satellite doesn't show up under "Connected Satellites" but it does show up under attached devices if you connect them via ethernet cable.

I just don't understand why Netgear can't get their act together.. I've literally had close to a dozen different Netgear products and I've never not eventually had a problem with each of them. I thought by purchasing one of the higher end products that I would at least get some quality, guess not! Someone, please help me resolve this. I work from home and I need a consistent working internet connection.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS750 satellite won't sync to CBR750 modem/router

The RBS FW needs to be downgraded to what you see on the CBK750 web download site.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 8
Steven423
Aspirant

RBS750 would be newest version which is:

Version 4.6.14.3

CBS750 newest version would be:

Version 4.6.5.8

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBS FW needs to be downgraded to what you see on the CBK750 web download site.

Message 4 of 8
Steven423
Aspirant

Ahh.. I see now that they made a whole separate support page for the package which they list as (CBK750) compared to what I did, which was look at the separate support pages for each model (CBR750) and (RBS750). I don't know why they felt the need to do that.. I also don't know why it's necessary to downgrade firmware to get products working when firmware updates are generally created to address security issues. I hope Netgear gets this resolved quickly..

I will attempt the downgrade to the listed version when I'm able, and report back if this was the solution. Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Message 6 of 8
Steven423
Aspirant

Hello, yes it was the firmware mismatch that was causing the issue. Once I updated the firmware for the satellite to reflect the version listed on the support page, the satellite was able to successfully sync with the router and started showing up on the app and in the web interface. Thanks for your help!
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7