Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi system

Jasen
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi system

I’m getting 401 & 404 unauthorized error messages.  Any ideas as to why and how to get rid of.  

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi system

are you trying to login to it with chrome 77?  Have you tried another browser like edge or firefox? Others have found a reboot of their computer (if you're on chrome 77) to fix the issue. 

Also, when are you getting this message? More details help us to help you. 

Describe what you're trying to do and how you replicate the issue. 

Message 2 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Jasen

This link may help you out: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061261/How-to-fix-Google-Chrome-77-blocking-access-to-Netgear-login-pages-...

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Jasen
Aspirant

When using orbi WiFi, any website I tried to get in.  Example, espn, Costco, Home Depot, etc.  it’s asking for a long in and password and if I cancel, then it gives me a 404 or 401 authorization message.  

I do have 2 WiFi networks in the house and my other network doesn’t have this issue.  Also on the orbi, once I get into the website like espn thru my other WiFi network and switch to Orbi then it works and I’m able to navigate fine, !  Called orbi but they won’t help until I pay them fist. 

This just started since I updated my firmware 2 weeks ago

Message 4 of 6
Jasen
Aspirant

I’ve tried this but not working.  This is happening on my desktop and iPads.  

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please confirm which Orbi system you have? Is this the Orbi with a built in modem or the Orbi system that is a stand along wifi mesh system with out a built in modem? 

@Jasen wrote:

I’m getting 401 & 404 unauthorized error messages.  Any ideas as to why and how to get rid of.  

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7