Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app stopped working on my iPhone for no reason

leknight4
Follower

Orbi app stopped working on my iPhone for no reason

I've had the Orbi Mesh WiFi system CBK40 (cable modem/router combo) with one satellite for a few months and it's worked great. I installed it using the Orbi app, which has also worked well. Last week I added the Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Mesh Extender with Amazon Alexa Built-in (RBS40V), which seemed to work fine, but then suddenly the Orbi app on my iPhone stopped working. My WiFi is working fine, and my phone is clearly connected to it, but the app is now useless. I can't manage anything with it. When I open the app it says it's "Detecting Product" and then it says "WiFi Not Detected." Sometimes it tells me my router is offline, which it's not. Other times it tells me to "Try a New System Setup" or "Connect with Anywhere Access" - both of which I've tried and the app still won't work. I've unistalled the app and reinstalled with no luck. My iPhone operating system is 14.3. I've read that some people had problems with their Orbi app after iOS phone updates to 14. Anyone have advice for how to fix this problem? I also turned on the Armor protection this week, but I can't imagine that led to this problem. Anyone else find a solution??? I can't do anything without the app!! And Netgear doesn't provide ANY support unless I pay for their special tech support. Ugh...

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi app stopped working on my iPhone for no reason

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7