Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi cbr750 wifi disconnect/reconnect

Cdhappz
Aspirant

Orbi cbr750 wifi disconnect/reconnect

So after the new firmware the speed tests have increased back to normal speeds. I however was experiencing a separate issue. My internet was still unstable. Meaning randomly I would get a connected but no internet message on my galaxy s21. Also my family would have major issues using FaceTime on their iPhone. I finally traced the issue to my Samsung TV! Here's the issue and I suspect others may have this problem. The orbi does not have separate selections for 2.4 and 5ghz networks, the router decides internally which device goes on what network. My brand new Samsung smart tv according to samasung operates on the 2.4ghz wifi but when I checked in the orbi it was connected to the 5ghz connection. On the Samsung forums it is stated it is possible to connect to the 5ghz network but you need to connect to the 2.4ghz for stable function. So since I can not do that thanks to the orbis fantastic programing(heavy sarcasm) I have disabled my internet connection through the TV itself and have bypassed it with a firestick. While I'm happy I was able to work around this issue cheaply I am unhappy I had to do this at all. As much as I love the orbi some of the features are not great from a software standpoint and need improvement. Hope this helps others and I will be starting a separate thread for this issue in hopes others might be saved from weeks/months of frustration
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi cbr750 wifi disconnect/reconnect

If your tv didn't have 5ghz, it wouldn't be able to connect and wouldn't work. 

5ghz is much faster and suffers from less interference. 

If the tv doesn't work well on 5ghz because of something samsung did, thats on samsung. the 5ghz band is literally designed for higher bandwidth/less interference. 

Message 2 of 5
Cdhappz
Aspirant

Samsung TVs do not support 5ghz connection. There is no separate network selection with the orbi routers and the routers software determines which network the device goes on. When I go into the router login and look at what network the TV is on it is on the 5ghz network for whatever reason. As soon as I remove this device my entire network operates as designed without issue. So unless you have a better explanation I don't know what else to say.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

What samsung tv is it?

Message 4 of 5
Cdhappz
Aspirant

Samsung - 32" Class N5300 Series LED Full HD Smart Tizen TV. It is a 2018 model and samsung has stated like in the screenshot I shared from their own forum it will connect to the 5ghz network even though it needs 2.4ghz to function properly. It's a major failing on samsungs end and should be addressed. I just wanted others possibly having issues to be aware of this as a possibility.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7