Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi router connected to a Xfinfity modem with both wifi routers working at the same time.

jimmorgan7
Aspirant

Orbi router connected to a Xfinfity modem with both wifi routers working at the same time.

I need two different WiFi routers in my home: one to run my Ring security system without interfering with my computer WiFi network.  I'm using the built in router in my Xfinity Modem for connecting to the Ring products.  I'm using the Orbi router to connect to my computer products.  Recently, I bought an Amazon Fire Cube to enhance smart features on a dumb TV in the bedroom.  It found the Xfinify Router as there is an WiFi extender right next to the TV.  Alexa is fussing and sending out error messages because occassionaly the WiFi loses the Up load channel and Alexa is unable to correspond with its server.  Comcast says that I am not allowed to use both routers at the same time as they have to time-share and can lose the proper signals from Comcast.  Because of my security setup and computer setup, I don't want to have to go around and change all of the settings on the security end of the package.  Any suggestions as how I can continue to use both WiFi networks at the same time?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi router connected to a Xfinfity modem with both wifi routers working at the same time.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7